Successfully Upgraded to WordPress 3.0
Had been trying to upgrade to the new wordpress 3.0 for the past few days . But was stone walling on a error “
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2356995 bytes)" . It seems due to the new theme called "Twenty ten", the file size of the wordpress exceeds 32mb limit. Anyway got a solution of the internet , where a simple editing of the wp_config.php file would do the trick.
Anyone hitting the same problem , here is how to overcome.
* Login your server via FTP (I prefer Filezilla)
* Download wp-config.php located in the root of your WordPress install
* Edit it using a text editor like Notepad
* Add this line after after the define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ’64M’);
* Upload and replace wp-config.php file
This would fix the problem. If you still run into problem let me know.Dont know whether the new WP is fast , but i see improvement page rendering slightly better.